Vegan Day 4: I must say I do not particularly miss any food yet but every evening I feel like I have to give a little bit more thought to what I need to prepare for my work lunch and snacks the day after.
So far, I have thought of a few lovely vegan snacks:
- Pitta bread (I like it wholemeal) with Lime Pickle – so much flavour, great as a starter too or to go with curries
- Pitta bread, tortillas or carrot sticks with hummus or chutney – tortillas are great, and hummus comes in so many lovely flavours, I love red pepper, spicy houmous (I always see different spellings!) and coriander houmous, better if home-made
- Fresh Fruit
- Dried Fruit
- Nuts – irresistible when covered in delicious spices
- Seeds – lovely when toasted
- Bagels – I love cinnamon and raisins ones or onion ones
- Rye crackers, like Ryvita, great topped with chutney or relish
- Bombay mix, Chevda… – I know many people cannot live without crisps, but I think these Indian snacks are so much tastier and satisfying!
- Pop corn
- Vegan chocolate
- Cereal bars
- Cereals – I like them without milk too so I can have them during my vegan pledge (the plainer ones which don’t have milk on them)
- Raisins that come in the cutest tiniest little packs – my boyfriend found me these ones from M&S! ❤
What are your favourite snacks and why?
Here is the song that inspired my title: